With just a week remaining until the 2021 NFL Draft, let’s wander around the division and see what’s happening…
- Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin hasn’t ruled out a trade, but hasn’t ruled out standing pat with the #5 pick.
- Bengals QB Joe Burrow claims he’s content to let the front office determine their first pick and has refrained from offering his input.
- Mock drafts, like this one and this one, remain conflicted over the Bengals’ eventual first-round choice.
- Outspoken former Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah thinks the team could still select an EDGE/pass rusher with the 26th pick.
- ESPN’s Jake Trotter thinks, with an already-loaded roster, the Browns can take the dreaded “best player available” in the first round.
- Perhaps Trotter’s right, as mock drafts, like this one and this one, seem to be all over the place where the Browns are concerned.
- Consensus still favors the Steelers taking Alabama RB Najee Harris with the 24th pick.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger endorses head coach Mike Tomlin’s contract extension.
- TribLive’s Joe Rutter believes center should be the Steelers’ draft focus.
- Youth is served in Baltimore, with three selections in bleacher Report’s “Top 25 under 25” feature, including the top spot.
- The Ravens may avoid LSU wideout Terrace Marshall Jr. at #27 due to sudden medical concerns.
- Per a recent ruling, players have begun negotiating with each other for assorted uniform numbers.
One more week. I promise.